Small Business Resource Summit: Building Capacity for Minority-Owned Small Business in Connecticut
The Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) is pleased to host a small business resource summit to help increase awareness of and access to credit for minority-owned small businesses in the Hispanic community all across Connecticut in celebration of the Hispanic Heritage Month. The event will focus on promoting collaboration between banks and small business resource providers, highlight small business networks and programs, and provide resources that banks can utilize to support minority-owned small business development and growth all throughout Connecticut. The event will help to expand bank referrals of small businesses for technical assistance from business development organizations. Invited attendees would include financial institutions, CDFIs, trade groups, local, state and federal government staff and nonprofit staff representing organizations.
When: Tuesday, October 5, 2021, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (Eastern Time)
Where: Webinar, registration information below.
Who should attend: Financial institutions, CDFIs, non-profit organizations, foundations, faith-based organizations, government, and other stakeholders interested in identifying collaborative opportunities and stabilizing the needs of minority-owned small businesses in Connecticut.
- Moraima Gutierrez, Assistant District Director for Economic Development, US Small Business Administration
- Nelson Merchan, Business Advisor, Connecticut Small Business Development Center
- Valeria Bisceglia, Education and Training Program Advisor, Connecticut Small Business Development Center
- Zayed Rodriguez, Business Advisor, Fairfield County Chapter SCORE
- Kim Hawkins, President and CEO, HEDCO
- Patricia Geronimo, Chief Financial Officer, HEDCO
- Louis Silva, President, Community Investment Corporation
- Jim Bzdyra, President and CEO, Community Economic Development Fund
Please note that there is no charge to participate in the Webinar. The webinar will be held via WebEx Platform. The registration process is simple – to register, just click the following link: REGISTER
You will receive a confirmation email once completed. A summary and agenda is available to review while registering. We ask that you register no later than October 1, 2021 by 10:00 a.m., and will appreciate earlier action. The Webinar will begin at 10:00 AM local time, and we anticipate wrapping up by noon. Please feel free to share this invitation to relevant members of your organization and community partners. We hope you will join us on October 5th. Thanks for your attention. We look forward to your participation!