Sustaining economic growth in the Hartford Region is the MetroHartford Alliance’s primary objective. To encourage that growth, we provide a variety of economic development services to member towns throughout Hartford and Tolland counties.
For more information, read: Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy - Trends Analysis.
Business Visitation Program
We encourage economic development professionals to keep tabs on their local businesses to understand the realities they encounter. The MetroHartford Alliance offers all participating towns a free business visitation program, Executive Pulse.
- Identify opportunities for and impediments to future growth
- Alliance staff can accompany town representatives or we can individually visit businesses at the town’s request
- Assistance and training available to develop and expand your visitation program
The Regional Economic Development Forum (REDF)
Maximize your municipality’s investment by participating in this meeting where member towns collaborate to address important economic development issues.
- Town staff and local businesses learn about funding and program resources available to them
- The Alliance facilitates an information exchange and circulates requests for information amongst the group
- REDF members recommend items to include on the Alliance’s legislative agenda
Municipal Economic Development Training
Fundamentals of Municipal Economic Development: Economic development is a critical component of any community's strategic plan. It is important that public officials across the municipal structure understand the intricacies of the local, state and global economy and develop a strong and successful economic development foundation for their community’s future.
In partnership with the Connecticut Economic Resource Center and the CT Main Street Center, MetroHartford Alliance presents a FREE, two-hour, personalized workshop to enhance elected officials', town boards', commissioners' and staff’s understanding, knowledge and skills relative to community economic development.
Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) Download the Metro Hartford Region's CEDS Documentation (as of 11/30/12)
Find out how to become a MetroHartford Alliance Member Town to
capitalize on these services as we address economic development
initiatives throughout the Region. Contact either Rebecca Nolan, Vice President, Business Development, at email@example.com or 860.728.2280, or John Shemo, Vice President & Director Economic Development at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860.728.2284.