MetroHartford CEDS 2 - Trend Analyses FINAL_rSustaining economic growth in the Hartford Region is the MetroHartford Alliance’s primary objective. To encourage that growth, we provide a variety of economic development services to member towns throughout Hartford and Tolland counties.
Business Visitation Program
We encourage economic development professionals to keep tabs on their local businesses to understand the realities they encounter. In partnership with Northeast Utilities, the MetroHartford Alliance offers all participating towns Executive Pulse, a free business visitation collection program.
- Identify opportunities for and impediments to future growth
- Alliance staff can accompany town representatives or we can individually visit businesses at the town’s request
- Assistance and training available to develop and expand your visitation program
The Regional Economic Development Forum (REDF)
Maximize your municipality’s investment by participating in this bi-monthly meeting where member towns collaborate to address important economic development issues.
- Town staff and local businesses learn about funding and program resources available to them
- The Alliance facilitates an information exchange and circulates requests for information amongst the group
- REDF recommends items to include on the Alliance’s legislative agenda
Economic Development for Public Officials (EDPO)
Public leaders enhance their understanding, knowledge and skills relative to community economic development during this two-hour program.
- Elected officials, town boards, commissions and staff discuss the regional and local economy and the associated economic development issues
Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) Download the recently completed Metro Hartford Region's CEDS Documentation (as of 11/30/12)
Find out how to become a MetroHartford Alliance Member Town to
capitalize on these services as we address economic development
initiatives throughout the Region. Contact either Rebecca Nolan, EDP,
Business Development Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860.728.2280, or John Shemo, Vice President & Director Economic Development at email@example.com or 860.728.2284.