32 Pullman & Comley Attorneys Named to 2020 Super Lawyers Lists
A total of 32 attorneys from Pullman & Comley, LLC, were honored by 2020 Super Lawyers with 21 named to the Connecticut Super Lawyers list for 2020 and 11 recognized as 2020 Super Lawyers “Connecticut Rising Stars.”
In addition to being named as Super Lawyers, Pullman & Comley Chairman James (Tim) Shearin was included on the “Top 10: 2020 Connecticut Super Lawyers” list and Pullman & Comley attorneys David P. Atkins, Campbell D. Barrett, and Jonathan B. Orleans were each named on the “Top 50: 2020 Connecticut Super Lawyers” list.
The Pullman & Comley attorneys on the 2020 Connecticut Super Lawyers list include the following, listed below with their cited practice areas. The names of the attorneys selected to Connecticut Super Lawyers appear in the November 2020 issue of New England Super Lawyers, and in a special section appearing in the February 2021 issue of Connecticut magazine.
- David P. Atkins, Professional Liability: Defense
- Elizabeth J. Austin, Bankruptcy: Business
- Livia DeFilippis Barndollar, Family Law
- Campbell D. Barrett, Family Law
- Anne C. Dranginis, Family Law
- Monte E. Frank, Business Litigation
- Eliot B. Gersten, Business Litigation
- Nancy A. D. Hancock, Securities & Corporate Finance
- Joshua A. Hawks-Ladds, Employment & Labor Law
- Robert C. Hinton, Business Litigation
- Lee D. Hoffman, Energy & Resources
- Robert L. Holzberg, ADR
- Michael N. LaVelle, Employment & Labor Law
- Thomas F. Maxwell, Jr., Civil Litigation: Defense
- Michael P. McKeon, Schools & Education
- Adam S. Mocciolo, Business Litigation
- Gary B. O’Connor, Real Estate
- Jonathan B. Orleans, Employment & Labor Law
- Michael G. Proctor, Real Estate
- James T. Shearin, Business Litigation
- Diane W. Whitney, Environmental
The following attorneys were also named to the 2020 Connecticut Rising Stars list:
- Megan Carannante, Business Litigation
- Lauren C. Davies, Estate & Trust Litigation
- Johanna S. Katz, Family Law
- Jon T. Kukucka, Family Law
- Thomas S. Lambert, General Litigation
- Kelly F. O’Donnell, Business/Corporate
- Julie V. Pinette, Litigation
- Erick A. Russell, Government Finance
- Zachary D. Schurin, Schools & Education
- Kelly A. Scott, Family Law
- Steven J. Stafstrom, Jr., Business Litigation
In total, the attorneys recognized represent 17 of the firm’s practice areas.
“In a year that has brought so many unexpected challenges, the attorneys on this list have continued to go above and beyond for their clients and their communities.” Pullman & Comley Chairman James T. Shearin. “They, and all of our firm’s attorneys, have lived up to our motto of ‘Pulling Together, Succeeding Together’ in the face of adversity.”
Super Lawyers is a rating service of outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. Super Lawyers selects attorneys using a rigorous, multiphase rating process. Peer nominations and evaluations are combined with third party research. Each candidate is evaluated on 12 indicators of peer recognition and professional achievement. Selections are made on an annual, state-by-state basis. The Rising Stars selection process is the Super Lawyers selection process except that candidates must be either 40 years old or younger or in practice for ten years or less, and the selection process does not include peer evaluation by practice area.
Super Lawyers is published in 50 states and the District of Columbia by Thomson Reuters. For more about the standards for inclusion in Super Lawyers, click here.
About Pullman & Comley:
Pullman & Comley celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2019 and is one of Connecticut’s largest firms, providing a wide range of legal services to clients in the New England region, as well as throughout the United States and internationally. Pullman & Comley’s major practice areas include business organizations and finance; environmental and land use; government finance; health care; labor, employment law and employee benefits; litigation and alternative dispute resolution; family law; property tax and valuation; real estate; regulatory, energy and telecommunications; and trusts and estates. The firm has offices in Bridgeport, Hartford, Stamford, Waterbury and Westport Connecticut; Springfield, Massachusetts; and White Plains, New York. The firm is an active member of the Law Firm Alliance, an international affiliation of law firms. For more information, please visit www.pullcom.com.