Connecticut Affordable Housing Holds Annual Conference on November 14, 2022
The Partnership for Strong Communities (PSC) will be hosting its third annual virtual Connecticut Affordable Housing Conference November 14 through 16th. The theme of this year’s conference is “Building Stability.” The CAHC spotlights an array of best practices, collaborations, and coordinated advocacy strategies to strengthen housing stability for households and communities across Connecticut.
The CAHC will feature a menu of sessions relevant to affordable housing developers, tenant advocates, lenders and funders, public housing authorities, municipal and state policy leaders, housing advocates, and the general public. Thanks to committed sponsors, the conference is free to all to attend virtually. This year there will also be an in-person networking reception in Hartford at the Lyceum on Tuesday, November 15th from 4 to 6 pm.
Here is a glimpse of some of the important conversations you can look forward to being a part of at the conference:
On Monday, November 14th, between 9 am and 10:30am, PSC will kick off the conference with opening remarks from:
- Deputy Secretary Adrianne Todman, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Senator Chris Murphy, United States Senate
- Governor Ned Lamont, CT State Governor (invited)
- Commissioner Seila Mosquera- Bruno, CT Department of Housing
- Diane Yentel, President & CEO, National Low Income Housing Coalition
On Tuesday, November 15th, between 12:30 pm and 1:30 pm, and throughout the conference PSC will feature panels that cover a wide range of topics including “Ensuring Equitable Restoration for Communities of Color,” featuring:
- Susan Thomas, President, Melville Charitable Trust
- Lisa Rice, President & CEO National Fair Housing Alliance
- Marietta Rodriguez, President & CEO, NeighborWorks America
On Wednesday, November 16th, between 9:00 am and 10:30 am the conference will feature a conversation about “Shifting Public and Political Will for Affordable Housing,” featuring:
- Moderator – John Dankosky, Director of Events, CT Mirror
- Orville Morales, Senior Director, Leadership Coaching and Training, TheCaseMade
- Ginny Monk, Children’s Issues and Housing Reporter, CT Mirror
- Marisol Bello, Director, Housing Narrative Lab
For more information about the conference, please contact Danielle Hubley, Education and Advocacy Manager email@example.com.