World Affairs Council of Connecticut Hosts Innovate or Lose: The Future of the Defense Industry Panel
The World Affairs Council of Connecticut is hosting Innovate or Lose: The Future of the Defense Industry Panel Friday, October 1, 2021 at the Connecticut Science Center Theater, Downtown Hartford, 250 Columbus Blvd, Hartford, 06103
There will be a Defense Industry panel “Competing for the Future.”
This discussion will host representatives to explore how the defense industry is responding to the need to compete for the future.
Discussion will explore emerging technologies and the defense industry’s approach to military modernization efforts and shifting battle landscapes.
3:00 pm Registration
3:20 pm Introductions : LTG Michael Moeller
3:30 – 4:25 pm Panel 1 Connecticut- can we compete for the future?
Themes: CT has some of the largest defense companies in the world, but the world is rapidly changing
What is happening in state to compete for the future?
– each panelist will speak from their particular expertise-
Ron Angelo, President of CT Center for Advanced Technology
- Ken Jeanos, CIO, Electric Boat
- Mike Ambrose, VP of Sikorsky Enterprise Business Transformation, Sikorsky Aircraft, Lockheed Martin Company
- Tom Prete, Engineering VP for Military Engines at Pratt & Whitney
Panel 2 Innovating the Future
4:35 pm – 5:30 pm Presenting some the most cutting edge companies that are truly transforming the future
Mark Maybury, CTO at Stanley Black & Decker
- Andrew Zolli, VP of Sustainability & Global Impact at Planet
- Sarah Mineiro, Center for New American Security & Senior Director for Space Strategy at Anduril Industries
- Jason Crabtree, CEO & Co-Founder of QOMPLX
VIP Reception featuring Global Security Forum speakers
Attire: Business Attire (or Military Equivalent)