InsurTech Hartford presents the InsurTech Innovation Challenge 2020. The Contest Submission Deadline is Friday, May 15.
To survive the 2020s, businesses need to be innovative, and to innovate, we need new ideas backed by emerging technologies and talent.
The insurance industry is looking to innovation to drive its future. While much of the industry’s innovation is happening within organizations, the InsurTech Hartford Innovation Challenge is open to the public, allowing innovation to come from entrepreneurs, students, and innovators inside and outside of the insurance industry. The challenge seeks to provide innovators and entrepreneurs access to services, mentorship, and resources to continue a pathway to success.
“InsurTech entrepreneurs should have access to all the resources to take an idea, turn it into a product, build a business plan, engage with customers and partners to test it out, raise capital, build it out, generate revenue, and scale,” emphasizes InsurTech Hartford Founder Stacey Brown. “A contest like the InsurTech Hartford Innovation Challenge plants the seeds to new beginnings.”
The challenge has awards focused in three areas:
- Best Emerging InsurTech Innovation — $10,000
- Most Innovative Beazley Breach Response (BBR) Solution — $10,000
- Travelers Best Self-Service Award — $10,000
All winners will receive:
- Recognition throughout the InsurTech Hartford network
- The opportunity to pitch to an audience at InsurTech Hartford Pitch Night VI
- Two tickets to the InsurTech Hartford Symposium
- The opportunity to become part of the Nassau Re/Imagine Incubator
- Three free months of membership to Upward Hartford
“We’re excited to see the high amount of traffic and interest coming into the contest and we’re looking forward to seeing the final pitches and awards on June 18,” says Brown.
“Meanwhile, we’d love to hear from businesses in the area that would like to offer contest winners or finalists additional services as part of the prize pool—startups would greatly appreciate much-needed basic services such as legal, marketing, branding, and accounting,” he adds. “It’s an opportunity to get great exposure for your company and develop relationships with emerging entrepreneurs.”
Learn more about content rules, criteria, and registration.