Looking for something safe to do?
Come to The Mark Twain House, you can’t touch anything here, anyway!
After temporarily closing our doors on March 15th, we are so pleased to announce that we will be re-opening for timed, socially distant house tours on the 20th of June!
We take the safety of our staff and visitors seriously, and we want you to be aware of the safeguards that we have put in place to make your visit to the magical home as safe as possible:
- For the time being, all tickets must be purchased online in advance for touchless transactions. We will not be selling tickets at the door. If you arrive to the museum without having bought a ticket, we ask that you purchase one in your car by visiting marktwainhouse.org with your smartphone or by calling 860-247-0998 (choose option 5) prior to entering the building.
- Tours will be limited in size to five people, as this is the amount of people who can comfortably fit into each room of the historic house while maintaining a safe distance from each other and their tour guide.
- Masks will be required of staff and visitors during their time on campus.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols are in place throughout the property.
- Our gift shop will be operating with one-way traffic and will allow a limited number of customers in at any given time.
For more information about what we’ve done to keep you safe, check out our Guide to Visiting.
Since tours are smaller and timed further apart, we will be operating at limited capacity, so these tours are sure to sell out quickly. Don’t wait to get your tickets! We can’t wait to see you!