Middlesex Chamber of Commerce is hosting another MEWS+ Incubator this Fall
The MEWS+ Incubator is a collaboration between the MEWS+, The Middlesex Chamber of Commerce, and a host of local resources and business leaders. Designed to be a business incubator and assist entrepreneurs with refining their ideas, understanding fundamental business concepts, and working through the initial stages of their business.
The program is offered over a ten-week schedule and includes a workshop series with topics including business strategy, finance, legal, marketing, technology and productivity, and wellness and personal development.
The program also includes mentoring from The MEWS+ network for goal setting and accountability, technical assistance, and the opportunity to pitch in front of potential investors and community members (dependent on COVID-19).
Open to for-profits, nonprofits, and hybrid models, the MEWS+ Incubator program is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse community of entrepreneurs.
Participating entrepreneurs receive:
- Bi-weekly accountability check-in calls
- Technical assistance from workshop leaders
- A fully supportive network of fellow entrepreneurs, local business leaders, and resources
- Opportunity to pitch in front of community stakeholders at the graduation pitch competition
- A reserved space in the workshops with the following topics –
Business & Strategy
Strategic planning with a focus on methods and tools to support taking your business to the next level.
Focused on the financial aspects of small businesses, financial planning, creating projections, understanding fundraising, profitability, strategy, financial measures, and more.
Legal basics for entrepreneurs and small businesses, business formation/structure, and intellectual property.
Launch and focus marketing efforts: strategy, branding, social media, marketing ROI, digital marketing.
Technology & Productivity
Understanding technology options and what’s right for you to increase your time management and productivity.
Wellness & Personal Development
Work/life skills to build confidence, including communication, problem-solving, leadership, adaptability, and more.
FALL 2021 PROGRAM DATES
The fall 2021 Incubator will be a hybrid format – with workshop sessions held virtually via Zoom, and periodic in-person meetings for networking and collaboration discovery (dependant on COVID-19 status).
Participants must have access to reliable internet and a device with a webcam and microphone – a tablet, laptop, or desktop computer.
Workshops are held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
**Please note that these dates are subject to change, and will be confirmed prior to the beginning of the initial meeting.
- Wednesday, September 22: Introductions, resource review, goal setting, business planning, legal structures
- Wednesday, September 29: Intellectual property, trademarks, legal protections
- Wednesday, October 6: Marketing research, idea viability, audience, markets
- Wednesday, October 13: Traditional and non-traditional funding sources, access to capital
- Wednesday, October 20: Business plan check-in, goal check-in, social entrepreneurship
- Wednesday, October 27: Small business accounting, budgeting, financial statements, human resources considerations as you grow
- Tuesday, November 2: Marketing strategy and planning
- Wednesday, November 3: Websites, Google Analytics & SEO
- Thursday, November 4: Social Media
- Tuesday, November 9: Working with City/Municipal supports, Chamber of Commerce Benefits
- Wednesday, November 10: Business plan check-in, how to prepare a winning pitch
- Tuesday, November 16: Productivity and integration strategies, work/life balance, and self-care for business owners
- Wednesday, November 17: Pitch practice
- Wednesday, December 1: Pitch competition
Applications for the Fall 2021 Incubator are being accepted now!
A few important notes before completing this application:
- While you may save and continue the submission at a later time, we recommend you use a separate document to draft your responses and then copy/paste them into the online application form.
- Please keep your responses thorough, yet concise, and around 500 words.
- Please review the program dates and time commitments. All accepted participants must be present for all workshop sessions, and fully participate in mentoring, and take advantage of the resources provided during the program. If you can not make all of the sessions and would like to apply, please email us at email@example.com with the details before applying.
If you have any questions or trouble completing this form, we encourage you to speak with The MEWS+ – firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not want this application to be a barrier and can provide help and give feedback on your idea or application.
Sponsored in part by Liberty Bank