Throughout the month of November, Wheeler Clinic‘s Foster Care team distributed lawn signs to bring awareness that Connecticut is in need of loving foster and adoptive homes.
Interested in being a foster parent? Learn more during our next virtual informational session, Thursday, November 19, 7:00pm
What you can expect:
- Foster families are supported on many levels throughout this process.
- The Connecticut Department of Children and Families covers all medical, dental, and therapeutic services.
- Foster families receive an enhanced monthly stipend for care and board.
- A team is assigned to each youth to help the family meet the unique needs of that
- Families have access to on-call support services 24 hours a day as well as ongoing support groups and trainings.