Oak Hill Hosting Free Demonstrations on Home Smart Technology
Oak Hill’s New England Assistive Technology (NEAT) Center connects people with the latest assistive technology, helping them effectively perform many tasks independently, overcome obstacles, and enhance their quality of life.
Smart technology is empowering people with disabilities and aging adults by making homes more accessible. New smart home tools can provide a unique level of support and access to the world for people with disabilities and those 50 and over, and they can be the lifeline that helps someone remain in their home, or age in place.
The NEAT Center offers education and training on these devices so that anyone can incorporate them into their everyday lives. The NEAT Center is proud to offer the Smart Home on Wheels (SHOW), a mobile demonstration center where individuals and groups can learn more about technology to support independent living.
Demonstrations will take place at 33 Coventry Street in Hartford, CT:
- August 22, 12pm – 2pm; Routines with Alexa Google
- September 6, 6pm – 8pm; Smart Lights & Smart Plugs
- October 6, 12pm – 2pm; Entertainment: Fire TV Cube, Adaptive Xbox Controller
- November 2, 12pm – 2pm; Low Vision, Hearing Impairment, & AAC (Alexa Compatibility)
- December 1, 12pm – 2pm; Security: Motion Detection, Door & Window Sensors, & Smart Locks