Travelers Recognized for Diverse and Inclusive Culture
Named a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) today announced that it has attained a perfect score on the 2020 Corporate Equality Index administered by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, maintaining its distinction as a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality.
“We’re focused on creating a workplace that brings together people with different backgrounds and ensuring that our employees feel valued, respected, supported and empowered,” said Fred Colon, Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer at Travelers. “From our hiring efforts to our training and development programs, we’re fostering an inclusive culture where all employees have the opportunity to thrive.”
Travelers supports several initiatives designed to maintain an environment that embraces diverse perspectives, including:
- Diversity Networks: The company supports eight Diversity Networks, which are employee-led groups focused on attracting, retaining and developing all employees through networking, mentorship and community volunteer opportunities. Its LGBT & Allies network was launched in 2012 to raise awareness of LGBT-related issues through education, networking and business initiatives.
- Appreciating Differences: Travelers requires all employees to complete an interactive diversity education program to help them better understand how to leverage differences for shared success.
- Employee Benefits: Travelers provides health insurance benefits for transitioning employees and family members to cover professional counseling, hormone therapy and, if clinically appropriate, gender reassignment surgery. The company is committed to providing a positive and respectful environment for employees and has developed guidelines offering support for transitioning employees, their co-workers and their managers.
- Inclusive Leadership Performance Objectives: All managers’ annual performance objectives include two diversity-related goals: to purposefully foster a work environment where all employees are included and appreciated, and to attract, retain, engage and develop employees from all cultures and backgrounds.
- Diversity Speaks: The company sponsors events designed to create a culture that embraces the power of difference. The events feature employees and guest speakers who share personal stories and provide different experiences and viewpoints.
For more information about diversity and inclusion at Travelers, visit travelers.com/diversity.
The Travelers Companies, Inc. (NYSE: TRV) is a leading provider of property casualty insurance for auto, home and business. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, Travelers has approximately 30,000 employees and generated revenues of approximately $32 billion in 2019. For more information, visit www.travelers.com.
Courtney Garro, 860.277.8719
Source: The Travelers Companies, Inc.