UCONN Foundation Receives Almost $250,000 from the Delta Dental of New Jersey Foundation
The Delta Dental of New Jersey Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Delta Dental of New Jersey and Connecticut (DDNJ/CT), has announced a $248,758 grant to the UCONN Foundation in Storrs. This contribution is a multi-year grant, awarding $95,180 in 2022, $85,581 in 2023 and $67,997 in 2024 – allowing UCONN Foundation to expand access to care to the state’s most vulnerable and in need of specialized healthcare services.
This grant will support the UCONN Health Special Care Dentistry Program, which is providing dental care to more than 1,400 people with developmental disabilities over the course of this three-year grant.
“Our mission at the Delta Dental Foundation is to improve the oral health of New Jersey and Connecticut residents by funding projects that address the oral health care challenges our neighbors and communities face,” said Dennis G. Wilson, president and CEO of Delta Dental of Connecticut and vice president of the Delta Dental Foundation. “We are proud to be a leader in oral health care giving across Connecticut and we look forward to continuing our collaborations with our Foundation grantees and partners on the path toward better health for all.”
The UCONN Foundation is among seven organizations in Connecticut that are receiving more than $315,000 to support the oral and overall health of communities in the state. The grants will provide positive support for more than 15,500 residents in Connecticut. The contributions will help provide dental care to thousands of uninsured and underinsured seniors, intellectually and developmentally disabled adults and children, disadvantaged children, and veterans across the state.
Other grantees in Connecticut include:
- $30,000 to the Dental Lifeline Network to support donated dental services for seniors and veterans throughout Connecticut.
- $25,000 to the CT Foundation for Dental Outreach for dental supplies, anesthetics and other program expenses for the Connecticut Mission of Mercy (CT MOM), which provides care for seniors and veterans.
- $10,000 to Special Olympics CT to purchase dental supplies, training and training materials for dental professionals, data collection, facility rental for the Connecticut’s Special Smiles program at the Special Olympics Summer Games.
- $10,000 to SilverSource Inc. to support dental treatment of low-income seniors in Stamford.
- $9,550 to Norwalk Hospital to provide dental care for the intellectually and developmentally disabled population in Greater Fairfield County.
- $12,778 to Tunxis Community College in Hartford County to conduct research on whether there’s a link between students who seek assistance via the school’s food pantry and increased risk of tooth decay.
About Delta Dental
In Connecticut, Delta Dental of Connecticut, Inc. is a licensed insurer that writes dental coverage on an insured basis, and Delta Dental of New Jersey administers self-funded dental benefit programs. Delta Dental of New Jersey, Inc. is New Jersey’s leading dental benefits company, providing or administering coverage to more than 1.9 million people through contracts with groups and individuals in New Jersey and Connecticut.
Offering dental benefits since 1969, Delta Dental’s mission is to promote oral health to the greatest number of people by providing accessible dental benefit programs of the highest quality, service, and value. We are a not-for-profit service corporation and, as a member of Delta Dental Plans Association, we’re part of a network that provides national dental coverage to more than 85 million people. For more information, visit https://www.deltadentalct.com.