While the Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art is closed, the Hartford arts institution is dedicated to engaging the community with virtual content that could benefit families and school communities, including resources for teachers and some virtual gallery tours.
“The Wadsworth is committed to serving the community in creative ways. Like museums all over, our education team hopes that our online arts and educational content may serve to support learning, lesson planning, or simply to enrich mind and spirit in the uncertain days ahead,” says Lindsey Fyfe, School and Teacher Programs Manager at the Wadsworth.
Visit the museum virtually:
- TAP Mobile Audio Tours — Listen to artists, curators, and historians talk about favorite artworks
- Search the Wadsworth Collection — View thousands of images of works of inspiring art
- Virtual Galleries — Tour installation views of the museum’s spring 2020 exhibitions
- SmartHistory — Check out the Wadsworth artworks featured in short videos within this excellent art and cultural history resource
- American Sign Language (ASL) — Watch videos of an ASL interpreter discussing artworks in the museum’s collection
- Teacher Resources — Visit lesson plans and resources for teachers that connect the museum’s collection to different subjects and grade levels.
In the coming weeks, the museum plans on launching some new digital projects.
Learn more about the Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art
www.thewadsworth.org | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter