When you locate your business in the Hartford Region, you take advantage of a highly skilled workforce, a strategic location and an exceptional quality of life that benefits you, your employees, and your clients.
The State of Connecticut ranks third in the nation for advanced degrees and fourth in the nation for productivity. More than 23.5 million people live within a 2-hour drive, and our extensive transportation network makes us a prime location for organizations that do significant business in the Northeast.
Our Region is home to experts in aerospace, insurance and financial services, healthcare and advanced manufacturing and technology.
Our rich American heritage dates back to 1636, and we are home to numerous arts and cultural attractions, nationally ranked schools and scenic landscapes.
Discover the Hartford Region today.
View or download our flyer about doing business in the Hartford Region.
Local Excellence Awarded in Cleveland
The International Economic Development Council (IEDC) presented the 2016 EXCELLENCE INECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AWARDS this week at its annual conference in Cleveland, OH. Barry Matherly, CEcD, FM, Greater Richmond Partnership, Inc. and current IEDC board chairman along with Gregory Hitchin, CEcD, Director of Economic Development, City of Waynesboro, VA and chairman of the Awards Advisory Committee presented the Awards.
MetroHartford Alliance’s Rebecca Nolan, Vice President of Global & Domestic Business Development received the Silver Award for the Special Purpose Website on behalf of Innovation Destination | Hartford website www.innovationhartford.com. In addition Dale Kroop, Economic Development Director, Town of Hamden received the Silver Award for the Newhall Neighborhood Revitalization for the Neighborhood Development, Population 25,000 - 200,000. They were joined by Robert Santy, CEO, Connecticut Economic Resource Center who congratulated them by join the Connecticut team for the award ceremony.
Special Purpose Website - A specialized website designed for a specific purpose, such as promoting community data/demographics, sites and buildings, tourism, or other specific types of marketing related to economic development. The website must be for a single specific purpose and have a unique URL to demonstrate it is separate from a primary website.
Neighborhood Development - This award recognizes innovative programs that stimulate economic development on a neighborhood scale. It includes the range of strategies or initiatives that seek to facilitate the revitalization or redevelopment of distressed or devastated neighborhoods including business-oriented, people-oriented, place oriented, and community-building efforts.
Recent Updates and Highlights:
- Currently working with 15 Israeli-based companies with a pipeline of almost 80 to navigate and connect to Connecticut.
- Aer Lingus Day in Hartford at the Society Room - made introductions for the airlines senior management to the Hartford business community.
- Hosted dignitaries from UK, Hong Kong, and most recently India’s new Consul General, Ambassador Riva Ganguly Das.
- Successfully attracted Niagara Bottling to the town of Bloomfield. At full build-out the facility will be approximately 443,000 SF and will employ 150 people in its $73 million plant
- Hired a Business Advisor to support growth of mid-sized companies as part of partnership with CTNext to offer free growth advisory services to eligible companies in the Hartford Region.