The MetroHartford Alliance is committed to revitalizing life in Hartford through community and economic development. We assist start-up businesses in the city by providing information and resources to encourage growth while working to attract more residents to its neighborhoods.
Micro Business Incubator
The MBI brings training, development, resources and support to businesses in the Upper Albany neighborhood of Hartford, matching micro-enterprises with students from the University of Hartford’s Barney School of Business to develop business capacity. Business owners obtain the latest business information and technology training available.
- One-on-one on-site training
- Business planning
- Marketing and merchandising
- Customer service
BusinessLINC Connecticut encourages collaboration between mentors from established businesses and minority business enterprises. As one of 17 coalitions throughout the country, BusinessLINC provides business owners assistance with technical elements, market development and business strategies. A steering committee from various industries serves as project facilitators and policy overseers.
- Mentor-entrepreneur orientation and mentoring training
- Workplace-related programs and seminars
- Letters of agreement
- Written outlines of minority business enterprises’ needs
- Goals and objectives that are agreed upon mutually
- Progress reports and mid-year evaluations from surveys as well as personal contact by the steering committee
LiveHartford provides extensive information about living in the city through property listings for home buyers and renters, as well as detailed information about Hartford’s 16 neighborhoods. The initiative is based on the belief that successful reinvestment in Hartford begins with easy access to information about the city.
Live Hartford website
- Promote living in Hartford
- Increase the residential tax base
- Connect buyers and renters to properties and programs
- Promote Hartford’s positive attributes to influence public perception
- Remain the leading of information about city living
For more information about Hartford Neighborhood Development programs, contact Julio Concepcion, Hartford Partnership Vice President, at 860.525.4451, ext. 282 or firstname.lastname@example.org.