MEDIA ADVISORY: May 27, 2014
Dialogue with the Delegation
A conversation with U.S. Senators Richard Blumenthal and Christopher Murphy WHAT:
Join the MetroHartford Alliance and U.S. Senators Richard Blumenthal and Christopher Murphy for a dialogue around key issues impacting our businesses and communities, including:
- Legislation to make college more affordable for students in Connecticut and throughout the United States;
- Foreign policy including possible economic sanctions against Russia;
- Evolution of the Dodd-Frank Bill and its impact on Connecticut’s financial institutions;
- Funding for transportation initiatives and safety measures;
- Veteran’s Affairs health care; and
- Legislation to stop the disturbing trend of sexual assaults on college campuses.
MetroHartford Alliance, the Region’s economic development leader and the City’s Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with The New England Council and Connecticut's Metro Chambers WHEN:
Friday, May 30th from Noon -1:30 p.m.
Hartford Marriott Downtown
200 Columbus Blvd.
For more information, please contact:
Brian Boyer, Vice President, Communications, Marketing, and Media and Public Relations
“This is a tremendous opportunity to discuss the issues that impact our region and state with our two U.S. senators,” says Oz Griebel, president and CEO, MetroHartford Alliance. “It is important that we create a forum for private sector leaders to interact directly with our elected officials, and this program provides us with that opportunity.”