Hartford, Conn. (January 7. 2015)
– Hartford Young Professionals and Entrepreneurs (HYPE), an initiative of the MetroHartford Alliance, recently announced its 2015 volunteer leadership team and its annual Committee Kickoff Meeting.
Leading the team is Adam McLaughlin of Webster Bank. “I am very excited to serve as Chair of HYPE in 2015,” said McLaughlin, who served as Vice Chair of HYPE’s Ambassadors Committee in 2014. “I have witnessed the evolution of the organization firsthand since its inception almost eight years ago, and look forward to being a small part of its continued success. We are going to hit the ground running and make 2015 another fantastic year.”
HYPE’s five committees develop most of the initiative’s programs and activities throughout the year:
- The Ambassadors Committee, led by Kevin Ehrlich of Pratt & Whitney, focuses on membership growth, diversity and engagement.
- The Civic Engagement Committee, headed by Nick Pinto of Sentry Commercial, works locally and regionally to address issues important to HYPE’s membership and mission.
- The Community Involvement Committee, spearheaded by Stella Szantova Giordano of Murtha Cullina LLP, creates meaningful service and leadership opportunities to engage and empower HYPE's members.
- The Personal and Professional Development Committee, led by Tyra Peluso of Northeast Utilities, develops new programs, events and resources to enrich members’ lives.
- The Social Events Committee, headed by Rachel Santacroce of Coursey & Company, plans, schedules and coordinates member events to create meaningful networking opportunities and support local businesses.
Image by Allegra Anderson Photography
The new leadership team took office on January 1 and will host a 2015 Committee Kickoff event
on Tuesday, January 13 from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m. at The Society Room of Hartford, 31 Pratt Street. Anyone interested in learning more about HYPE committee participation is welcome to attend this free event. Registration is appreciated; please visit http://bit.ly/2015Kickoff
. HYPE also wishes to thank its 2014 volunteer leadership team,
which included McKinley Albert of Hartford’s Camp Courant, 2014 HYPE Chair; Adam McLaughlin of Webster Bank, Ambassadors leader; Steve Zakrzewski of Gordon & Rees, Civic Engagement leader; Eliana Cardeno of Central Area Health Education Center, Community Involvement leader; Michael Hill of Filomeno & Company, Personal & Professional Development leader; and Amanda Schoonmaker of Miss Porter’s School, Social Events leader. About Hartford Young Professionals and Entrepreneurs (HYPE)
Hartford Young Professionals and Entrepreneurs (HYPE) is an initiative of the MetroHartford Alliance. HYPE’s mission is to help young professionals become better engaged in community life, expand professional and social opportunities and become ambassadors for the Hartford Region. To learn more, visit www.HYPEHartford.com