Photo, left: The 2015 Business Champions Awards were presented Thursday, June 4, at the Connecticut Convention Center in Hartford. Representatives of the winning companies, back row from left: Tom DeVitto, Chief Marketing Officer, BlumShapiro; Jamie McDonald, Co-Owner, Bear's Smokehouse BBQ; Medina Jett, President, Integrated Compliance Solutions Group, LLC; and Dennis Binkowski, Quality Assurance Services Team Lead, Corporate Translations, Inc. Front row from left: Scott DeFelice, President, CEO and Chairman of the Board, Oxford Performance Materials, Inc.; Steve Wolfberg, Principal and Chief Creative Officer, Cronin and Company, LLC; Mike Kolakowski, President, CEO and Principal Owner, KBE Building Corporation; and Benjamin Loveland, CEO, Scrubs and Stuff, LLC. Credit: J. Fiereck Photography.
Hartford, Conn. (June 5, 2015)
– The winners of the 2015 Business Champions Award were announced Thursday morning, June 4 at a breakfast program held at the Connecticut Convention Center in Hartford.
The Business Champions Awards, produced through a partnership of the MetroHartford Alliance and Hartford Business Journal, celebrate privately held companies from throughout the Hartford Region. The Awards honor organizations that have demonstrated best practices and significant achievements in one of more of the following categories: Revenue Growth, Innovation, Workforce Practices, Community Involvement and Best Start-Up.
This year's winners include: BEST NEW START-UP - Bear’s Smokehouse BBQ, Hartford
- A fast, casual establishment serving smoked meats, homemade side dishes and desserts. - Integrated Compliance Solutions Group, LLC (ICSGroup), Hartford
- a boutique compliance firm that provides regulatory compliance services to registered investment advisors. COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT - BlumShapiro, West Hartford
- a regional accounting, tax and business consulting firm based in New England. - KBE Building Corporation, Farmington
- a commercial construction services firm providing construction management, design-build, and general contracting services to clients. INNOVATION - Oxford Performance Materials, Inc. (OPM), South Windsor
- an innovative company in the field of additive manufacturing (also known as 3D printing). REVENUE GROWTH - Scrubs and Stuff, LLC, West Hartford
– a Web-based business offering practical products for the healthcare professional. WORKFORCE PRACTICES - Corporate Translations, Inc., East Hartford
- a certified Women’s Business Enterprise that specifically fulfills the life science industry’s demand for translation solutions. - Cronin and Company, LLC, Glastonbury
- a full-service independent marketing communications agency.
Webster Bank was Presenting Sponsor of the 2015 Business Champions Awards. Five additional companies were Event Sponsors: Cox Business, Grant Thornton, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, The Pita Group, and Shipman & Goodwin, LLP.
To view videos about the winning businesses, click here
. About MetroHartford Alliance
The mission of the MetroHartford Alliance is to compete aggressively and successfully for jobs, talent and capital for the Hartford Region and to ensure that the Hartford Region is a premier place for all people to live, work, play and raise a family. Through its members’ intellectual capital and financial investment, the Alliance is able to implement key strategies that further our regional goals of job growth, wealth creation, and talent attraction and retention. Visit www.metrohartford.com
for more information.
### Media Contact:
Brian Boyer, Vice President of Communications, Marketing, Media and Public Relations