At the Combined Meeting of the MetroHartford Alliance Boards and Committees held December 16, 2015, at The Society Room, 31 Pratt Street, Hartford, the MetroHartford Alliance Board of Directors re-elected the following individuals to serve as Officers for 2016:
- Chair – Bonnie Malley, The Phoenix Companies, Inc.
- Immediate Past Chair – Mike Matteo, Optum - A UnitedHealth Group Company
- Vice Chair – George M. Thomson, Filomeno & Company, P.C. - Strategic Partners
- Vice Chair – Gordon Scott, Scotts’ Jamaican Bakery – Hartford Chamber of Commerce
- Treasurer – Walt Harrison, University of Hartford
- President and CEO – R. Nelson Griebel
- Vice President – Economic Development – John Shemo
- Corporate Secretary – Nancy Wheeler
The Board also designated the following individuals to serve as Committee Chairs:
- Budget & Finance – Walt Harrison, University of Hartford
- Compensation Committee – Bonnie Malley, The Phoenix Companies, Inc.
- Connecticut Insurance & Financial Services Cluster – Michael Klein, Travelers
- Executive Committee – Bonnie Malley, The Phoenix Companies, Inc.
- Hartford Young Professionals & Entrepreneurs (HYPE) – Adam McLaughlin, Webster Bank
- International Business Council – Leslie Robertson, Bank of America
- Legislative Affairs Council (LAC) – Bob Guenther, Webster Bank
- Strategic Partner Council – George M. Thomson, Filomeno & Company, P.C.
About MetroHartford Alliance
The mission of the MetroHartford Alliance is to compete aggressively and successfully for jobs, capital and talent for the Hartford Region and to ensure that the Hartford Region is a premier place for all people to live, work, play, start and grow a business, and raise a family. Through its members’ intellectual capital and financial investment, the Alliance is able to implement key strategies that further our regional goals of job growth, wealth creation, and talent attraction and retention.