At the Combined Meeting of the MetroHartford Alliance Boards and Committees held December 13, 2016, at The Society Room, 31 Pratt Street, Hartford, the MetroHartford Alliance Board of Directors elected the following individuals to serve as Officers for 2017:
- Chair – Joseph J. Savage, Webster Bank
- Immediate Past Chair – Mike Matteo, Optum - A UnitedHealth Group Company
- Vice Chair - Strategic Partners – George M. Thomson, Filomeno & Company, P.C.
- Vice Chair - Hartford Chamber of Commerce – Gordon Scott, Scotts’ Jamaican Bakery
- Treasurer – Walt Harrison, University of Hartford
- President and CEO – R. Nelson Griebel
- Vice President & Corporate Secretary – Nancy Wheeler
The Board also designated the following individuals to serve as Committee Chairs:
- Budget & Finance – Walt Harrison, University of Hartford
- Compensation Committee – Joseph J. Savage, Webster Bank
- Connecticut Insurance & Financial Services Cluster – Michael Klein, Travelers
- Executive Committee – Joseph J. Savage, Webster Bank
- Hartford Young Professionals & Entrepreneurs (HYPE) – Mitch Jackson, UnitedHealthcare
- Global Business Council – Dan Weiner, University of Connecticut
- Legislative Affairs Council (LAC) – Kimberly O'Brien, LEGO
- Strategic Partner Council – George M. Thomson, Filomeno & Company, P.C.
About MetroHartford Alliance
The mission of the MetroHartford Alliance is to compete aggressively and successfully for jobs, capital and talent for the Hartford Region and to ensure that the Hartford Region is a premier place for all people to live, work, play, start and grow a business, and raise a family. Through its members’ intellectual capital and financial investment, the Alliance is able to implement key strategies that further our regional goals of job growth, wealth creation, and talent attraction and retention.