Capital Workforce Partners is a regional workforce investment board serving 37 municipalities in North Central Connecticut. Capital Workforce Partners’ mission is to leverage public and private resources to produce skilled workers for a competitive regional economy. Capital Workforce Partners is the source…of people and training. With access to a clearinghouse of talent, Capital Workforce Partners is your HR partner for short term needs, and for the long haul. Capital Workforce Partners is: Jobs for People, People for Jobs.
Year Founded: 1998
Website: www.capitalworkforce.org; www.careercompetencies.org
Social Media: Facebook, LinkedIn and LinkedIn Group; YouTube; Twitter
Leadership: Board Chair - Sheldon Bustow; President and CEO - Thomas Phillips
- Thomas Phillips, President and CEO
- Alex Johnson, Chief Operating Officer
- Sandra Rodriguez, Communications Director and Employer Engagement
- Rich Davis and Gerry Berthiaume, Employer Engagement
- Team Business Consultants from the CTWorks Career Centers
Local Offices: CTWorks Career Centers: Hartford (2), New Britain, Manchester, Enfield; Job Funnel Centers: Hartford, New Britain, Bristol
Headquarters: One Union Place, Hartford, CT
Total Number of Employees: 44
What milestones or accomplishments has your company recently celebrated?
Hartford Business Journal’s Best Place to Work Company (2014)
July 22, 2014 Presidential signature on the “Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act” – a much awaited refinement and reauthorization of our work that will assist in helping millions of Americans in the years ahead.
Over 24,750 people visited our CTWorks Career Centers in the region for training and job search assistance.
Over 2,000 teens getting work-based experience this summer, so they will be better prepared for secondary education and tomorrow’s business needs.
How does your company engage with the Alliance?
- T. Phillips serves on Strategic Investors Committee
- Partner in Mayor’s Campaign for summer youth employment program
- Partner in supporting HPS Universal Internship Plan
- Hartford Business / Job Creation and Talent Alignment Program
- Partners in support of New England’s Knowledge Corridor
- CWP supports Alliance’s economic development efforts